[Debian-med-packaging] Seqan moved from svn to Git

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Mon Sep 28 00:23:07 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On 08:29 23/09, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I'm re-building this in pbuilder, and will keep you posted.
>
> Thanks.

Just letting you know that after several minor fixes, the package now builds.
There's still some work to do though, mostly popping lintian warnings and
errors. I'm working on it still, off and on.

> > On a separate note, what do you think of the idea of having a different binary
> > package for each of the seqan applications, as opposed to one big seqan-apps.
>
> That's fine for me ... if somebody else would implement it. :-)  I'm a
> bit afraid about the burden of maintenance since the different binaries
> might change from release to release and might require extra builds to
> reflect this which is quite time consuming.  But in principle I'm a fan
> of modularisation if it is worth the effort.  Currently we have a popcon
> for seqan-apps of 5 active users.  So it is not a high number of systems
> that is "bloatet" by extra unneeded binaries.  If you see an advantage
> for your personal work - just do it.

I see your point, there would be quite a burden. I'm happy with a single
seqan-apps, but if it annoys me in the future, I'll probably jump in and split
the package.

Cheers,
Kevin

---
Kevin Murray

GPG pubkey: http://www.kdmurray.id.au/static/A4B4EE6A.asc
FPR: 656C 0632 1EAB 2C3F 3837  9767 17C2 8EB1 A4B4 EE6A