[Debian-med-packaging] RFS: backport for htslib

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Sep 29 08:05:41 UTC 2015

Hi Afif,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:07:21AM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

> Well, you are pretty hard to beat sometimes. We're a bit spoiled in
> Debian Med for the ease of finding sponsorship. :)

I regard sponsorship as very important and I made a rule for myself to
always try to not make a newcomer wait for me.  This should keep the
motivation of volunteers high and I'm pretty convince that this
investment of time will pay off in the long run (when you all are DDs
and do the sponsoring instead of me ;-)).  I tried to explain this at
DebConf:

   http://saimei.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2015/debconf15/Creating_a_more_inviting_environment_for_newcomers_New_experiences_from_MoM_SoB_Teammetrics.webm

You perfectly see in what teams the same philosophy is applied and in
what teams (well, basically non-teams) it is not.