[Debian-med-packaging] Help needed for Java dependencies of Beast2 package

Markus Koschany apo at gambaru.de
Tue Sep 29 16:49:54 UTC 2015

Am 29.09.2015 um 14:07 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to package Beast2 for the Debian Med team[1].  I was able to
> replace nearly all JARs that came with upstream tarball but there are
> two remaining ones:
>
>   1. antlr-runtime-4.5.jar
>      It seems that we have antlr-runtime version 3 of this in the
>      package libantlr3-runtime-java but this does not seem to be
>      sufficient regarding some error messages like

[...]

>     Is there any effort to package antlr 4.5 (or any simply patch
>     to go with the existing package in the beast2 case)?

I think this is your main blocker. antlr4 would be a completely new
package and nobody has packaged it yet or intends to do so in the near
future.

>   2. fest-sources.jar, fest.jar
>     I guess besides some packaged libfest-*-java packages also
>       git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/fest-swing-1.x.git
>     is needed if I look at these messages:

I would skip the tests for now. The only class that requires fest-util is

src/beast/app/beauti/Beauti.java

but fest-util has been packaged already.

https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fest-util.html

Regards,

Markus