[Debian-med-packaging] pbh5tools_0.8.0+dfsg-5_amd64.changes REJECTED

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Wed Apr 6 06:35:54 UTC 2016

Hi, Thorsten,

على الأحد  3 نيسـان 2016 ‫12:00، كتب Thorsten Alteholz:

> I am not sure what you want to achieve with renaming the source package.

The intention was to clarify the type of package and make it clear to
co-maintainers and others in Debian. It is primarily a python
application, not a python library, but the name of the source package
reflects a python library.

> Wouldn't it be better to remove the binary pbh5tools instead?

I don't think so---If anything should be removed, it should be the
python-pbhtools binary package.

> At least
> the whole software is written in python, isn't it?

Mostly (aside from a C extension), but the python-<module> naming scheme
is for Python modules. As I said, that is a minimal use case for this
package. It's primary purpose is to provide some command-line tools.

While renaming the source package doesn't do anything for users, it will
at least also make things clear for maintainers. I'm hoping this is not
a big problem.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--