[Debian-med-packaging] Need help to upgrade libnetlib-java package

Benjamin Mesing ben-ml at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 20:29:12 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,

> >     [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-
> >     plugin:jar:2.5.2 is missing, no dependency information
> > available
> > and later on
> >     [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2
> >     or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Cannot access
> >     central (    https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2    ) in offline mode and
> >     the artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.5.2
> >     has not been downloaded from it before. -> [Help 1]
> > This happens, even after I installed maven-install-plugin which I find
> > rather strange.
> >
> > Maybe this brings you a step closer and you have an idea how to go on.
> This sounds like a probable alternative.  If there is no better idea I
> might start with packaging it from here[1].  However, it also might be
> avoidable according to this mail[2] - so there might be a way to
> circumvent packaging more and more stuff I do not really understand.
>
> Any further hint?

No, not really. My gut feeling too is, that packing oss-parent is not
required. To me it looks like something in the Debian specific setup of
the maven dependencies of libnetlib-java is missing, but I do not see
what. You probably need to figure out the root cause, why installing
maven-install-plugin does not help in finding the maven-plugin. Maybe
it is some setup here that is missing somewhere.

Good Luck

Benjamin

--
Please do not send any email to ben-ml at gmx.net -- all email not