[Debian-med-packaging] liblemon_1.3.1+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED [and 2 more messages]

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue Aug 9 14:09:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 01:30:39PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I don't think you should.  I believe Thorsten is overreaching in asking
> > you to do that.
>
> Are you really saying that it is not necessary for the .deb to contain
> the authorship and copyright notices for the contents of the package ?

I do not think that this was said.

> ISTM that if the .deb contains this jquery.js, then the .deb (or
> something it Depends on) must contain the authorship and copyright
> notices for that jquery.js.  (This is both an ethical and legal
> requirement.)

Sure.  But this is documented in the Build-Depends of the package,
isn't it?

> IMO this doesn't depend on whether this jquery.js results in a
> Built-Using.

I'm not aware that we document in d/control any files that are not
contained inside the package source.  If the package builds inside a
pbuilder chroot it can be perfectly assumed that all content is
documented properly in the Build-Depends.