[Debian-med-packaging] new camitk upstream packaged

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Sat Dec 3 11:57:59 UTC 2016

On 03/12/16 11:50, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 11:23:36AM +0100, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
>> and checked the changelog of debhelper
>> 10 to check if there was anything else to update in d/r (it does not seem
>> so).
> There is debhelper(7) listing all the differences among different compat
> levels; changelog is really verbose, and changes to compat 10 were done
> before version 10 anyway.
Yes, you are right the man page is a better place to check. The message
I checked from is [1], where there is the man page section and
additional notes.
>> Sorry, if I missed something. In April, we already exchanged on the parallel
>> build
> I was mostly referring to the upload I did 2016-10-09 actually (dh 10
> has been released in September).
I checked, but I could not find anything about updating to dh 10. Sorry
if I missed it.

I also did a
cme fix dpkg-control

and got these warnings:
Warning in 'binary:"libcamitk-dev" Replaces:1' value 'libcamitk4-dev':
package libcamitk4-dev is unknown. Check for typos if not a virtual package.
Warning in 'binary:"libqtpropertybrowser-dev" Replaces:1' value
'libqtpropertybrowser4-dev': package libqtpropertybrowser4-dev is
unknown. Check for typos if not a virtual package.

On Jessie the corresponding packages are called libcamitk3-dev and
libqtpropertybrowser3-dev, but since the last 4.0.3-1, libcamitk4-dev
and libqtpropertybrowser4-dev were replaced by libcamitk-dev and
libqtpropertybrowser-dev.

Am I correct to say that d/c only needs:
Replaces: libcamitk3-dev
and
Replaces: libqtpropertybrowser3-dev

>> Maybe the new debhelper is more clever with parallel build and can do the
>> right choice depending on amount of RAM available?
> not really, not.
> That really is a choice up to the buildd maintainer.

OK. The man page just say "Debhelper will default to --parallel for all
buildsystems that support parallel building".

Best regards,
Emmanuel

  [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/04/msg00018.html