[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging maven-scala-plugin (Was: Help needed for gatk)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Feb 1 08:51:37 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 01:05:00PM -0800, Andrew Schurman wrote:
> > artifact com.typesafe.zinc:zinc:jar:debian has not been downloaded
>
> All the details are in the error output. I've highlighted the line you
> should pay attention to. It says you're missing the project
> com.typesafe:zinc. This is another project that must be packaged in
> order to use the scala-maven-plugin.

Thanks for "reading aloud" for me - this might be due to my partial
blindness for Java problems. :-)

I inspected the code of scala-maven plugin and it seems to be able to
cope with a missing Zinc server by falling back to the usual (normal
speed) compilation.  While I think Zinc is nice to have in Debian I
decided that the time we might save for compilation with Zinc does not
outweight the time I might need for proper packaging to reach the final
goal to get gatk packaged.  So I pushed a patch that disabled the check
for the existence of zinc.

The next stumbling stone is

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /build/maven-scala-plugin-3.2.2/src/main/java/scala_maven/ScalaRunMojo.java:[3,34] package org.apache.maven.toolchain does not exist
[ERROR] /build/maven-scala-plugin-3.2.2/src/main/java/scala_maven/ScalaMojoSupport.java:[24,35] package org.apache.maven.repository does not exist
[ERROR] /build/maven-scala-plugin-3.2.2/src/main/java/scala_maven/ScalaMojoSupport.java:[33,34] package org.apache.maven.toolchain does not exist
[ERROR] /build/maven-scala-plugin-3.2.2/src/main/java/scala_maven/ScalaMojoSupport.java:[87,15] cannot find symbol

So I think I need to go on packaging:

    https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-toolchains-plugin/  and
    https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-repository-plugin/

I'm just asking here to make sure that there is no work in progress for
this or that it somehow could be circumvented somehow ...

Comments are welcome