[Debian-med-packaging] spades language extension scripts

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Feb 7 20:41:28 UTC 2016

Hi Afif,

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 12:27:54PM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> I found out when this was done:

If I mght ever find this one! ;-)

> $ git blame debian/rules
> cf539451 (Andreas Tille    2014-02-06 20:52:21 +0000 54)        #
> install wrapper
>
>     Get something that somehow builds and passes the test.  Keep on with
> the replacement of code copies

I do not remember at all why I did this.  However, I wonder whether we
now should rather do what the wrapper was supposed to do and run the
tests again.  The fact that spades authors do not intend the binary
packages be called by the end user remains and specifically if our
directory layout has /usr/bin/spades *and* /usr/bin/spades.py I would
call the policy conform name *first*.

So any of you likes to implement my idea properly (despite the fact that
I undermined it myself previously ;-))?