[Debian-med-packaging] Finishing seqan

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Tue Feb 16 21:40:43 UTC 2016

Hi all (mostly Michael and Andreas)

Seqan 2.1.0 has been released today. I'd like to get a basic (documentation
free) package of seqan released ASAP to experimental so that I can start
packaging other things that require seqan 2 (and so I can use seqan and some of
their applications myself).

At the sprint we decided to split the package into two source packages:

- seqan1: The previous 1.4.2 version of seqan. Builds:
  - seqan-dev: the 1.4.2 development headers only

- seqan: The current (2.0.1 in git, soon to be 2.1.0) version of seqan. Builds:
  - libseqan2-dev: the 2.x headers
  - seqan-apps: misc applications not listed below
  - mason2: the Mason simulator
  - (at a later date) seqan-doc: the sphinx API documentation.
  - (at a later date) seqan-examples: the tutorials, cookbook and example/demo
    code

I believe Michael started splitting out the seqan1.4 package. Could you advise
us about your progress please?

I will prepare the 2.1.0 libseqan2/apps packages this week (hopefully). The
documentation packages will be a pain, and require packages that will be stuck
in NEW for some time (and haven't even been uploaded yet).

Cheers,

---
Kevin Murray
0xA4B4EE6A