[Debian-med-packaging] What should be done with libbio-das-lite-perl

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Jan 5 09:44:05 UTC 2016

The orphaned package

list its subversion repository to be part of debian-med, and I find its
files under

But what should be done with the package?  Is it maintained by
debian-med, even thought debian-med is not listed as the maintainer?  I
have no idea what the package is useful for, I just came across it via
lintian.debian.net.

I see three options:

 1) Remove the package, there is only 1 user according to popcon.

 2) Make package properly maintained by debian-med, and find some other
    uploader (the existing maintainer is no longer active).

 3) Move the package to the Debian perl team.

What is your view on this?

For some strange reason, the package is no longer listed on
This happened a few minutes ago.  Perhaps it already is removed and the
information have not propagated across the Debian infrastructure yet?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen