[Debian-med-packaging] Qualimap into Debian - Missing sources of bioinfo.org libraries (Was: Seeking for Java source code of org.bioinfo.*)

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Jan 14 16:27:46 UTC 2016

Hola,

I'd like to summarise my understanding of the issue and hope this migth
lead to a soonish solution of the issue.

Fernando once was working at CIPF where the Java classes for bioinfo.org
were developed.  The JARs resulting from the bioinfo.org code are used
by Qualimap (which is my final target for the Debian packaging).  For
some reason the Java source code of the bioinfo.org classes where never
published on any public repository nor taken over into Qualimap
maintenance.

We are seeking now for a kind soul who might find the according code on
some local hard disk or if all fails on a backup and would be able to
publish it (preferable on Github or any other public repository).

The thing is that Debian requires the full source to build a programm
and without these bits of code Qualimap can not enter Debian.

The only alternative would be to find other Open Source Java classes
that might provide the functionality of bioinfo.org and could replace
the missing code.

I hope this summary describes the current situation correctly and leads
to a solution of the current dead lock.

Muchas gracias