[Debian-med-packaging] Should old tabix explicitly be removed from pool?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jan 26 11:22:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

the binary package is now created from the source package htslib.
However, the old source package tabix does not seem to be removed:

$ apt-cache showsrc tabix | grep -e ^Package: -e ^Version -e ^Binary:
Package: htslib
Binary: libhts1, libhts-dev, htslib-test, tabix
Version: 1.2.1-2
Package: tabix
Binary: tabix
Version: 0.2.6-2

I'm not sure whether this has further side effects rather than a strange
version output on the tasks pages but I guess it would be better to
remove the tabix source package.  My guess is that the old tabix source
builds on some more architectures and thus is conserved there but I
doubt that this leads to any good.

Am I missing something?