[Debian-med-packaging] bedtools 2.26.0: new upstream release, problem with non-free material.

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Jul 14 05:40:25 UTC 2016

Le Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:47:01PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 02:46:20PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > > and remove the image from the source tarball.  Unfortunately I have no
> > > idea how to do this with the non-default repository structure.  What
> > > do you think about the solution in general and do you have any advise
> > > how to do this technically (except of turning the repository into a
> > > default one :-P )
> >
> > To update the Debian branch (currently debian/unstable) using gbp import-orig
> > (which I guess is what you want to do in combination with uscan), you need
> > to create an Upstream branch that tracks the tarball contents and
> > name it in debian/gbp.conf instead of the master branch (that tracks the
> > GitHub repository).
>
> Would you mind if I try to turn the repository into default layout?
> I'd be way more comfortable with the default workflow.
>
> > Another possibility would be to first try to see if Upstream feels like
> > removing this file by themselves.
>
> Since #805998 will soon be RC I think we should push a bit with this
> package.  I have no connections to upstream - so any volunteer to ask?

Hi Andreas,

If there is only one non-free file introduced by the new upstream release, the
easiest solution is to just remove the file and go ahead with the package
update, where #805998 is fixed already.  If it helps you to make any change on
the repository layout, please go ahead.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--