[Debian-med-packaging] backporting libssw - autopkgtest fails on jessie

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Tue Jul 19 09:02:55 UTC 2016

على الثلاثاء 19 تـمـوز 2016 ‫01:53، كتب Sascha Steinbiss:
> Hi Afif,
>
> thanks for your quick reply.
>
>> I see that, while you were undoing the damage I did, you changed
>> debian/tests/control in master to be default-jdk when you had
>> default-jdk-headless before. I think headless is fine for
>> Unstable/Stretch since it's a valid package there.
>
> Sure. I'll adjust that in both unstable and the backport.

Oh, it needs to remain default-jdk for the backport.
default-jdk-headless doesn't exist on Jessie for some reason.

> I managed to fix the problem; apparently the binary built with sid's
> default version of GCC produces corrupted CIGAR alignments internally
> (all edit operations are Ms). Clang and the default version of GCC used
> in Jessie (4.9) produce 'correct' output. That's how the failing tests
> came to be in the first place: my reference output (created on sid,
> hence broken) did not match the correct alignment output created by the
> version built on Jessie, failing there but succeeding on sid, but with
> weird results.
> I will patch the code to work correctly on sid as well and adjust the
> reference output until upstream fixes the problem. I have updated my
> upstream issue on GitHub to include my fix.
> There might be a slight performance impact as the fix involves reducing
> optimization and removing inlining, but it's better than broken output IMHO.

Of course. Perhaps before the release, the performance hit might be
resolved. Many thanks for tracking down the issue.

> I'll upload the fix when I find some time here. Should I upload the
> backport as well?

I can take care of the backport. That can remain based on the current
version in Unstable/Stretch since the problem won't exist on Jessie.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي