[Debian-med-packaging] libssw include-binaries (was: backporting libssw - autopkgtest fails on jessie)

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Tue Jul 19 09:45:23 UTC 2016

Hello,

For some reason, I can't find the communications between Sascha and
Andreas about the libssw issue in my email.

على الإثنين 18 تـمـوز 2016 ‫01:59، كتب Sascha Steinbiss:
>> One was (and I'm not sure whether this is related to my second problem)
>> > that I get the following error when trying to build:
>> >
>> > dpkg-source: error: unwanted binary file: debian/tests/run-example.out
>> >
>> > dpkg-source: error: detected 1 unwanted binary file (add it in
>> > debian/source/include-binaries to allow its inclusion)
>> >
>> > This goes away if I create the debian/source/include-binaries file
>> > listing debian/tests/run-example.out. But I'm not sure why I had to do
>> > this and everyone else has been successful in working with this package
>> > without making this change.
> Indeed interesting! Looking at this file in an editor shows that
> apparently upstream's example tool (ssw_text or ssw-align) seems to
> output binary data in the text alignment at the end of one sequence.
> This (bug?) seems to explain why this file is treated as a binary.
> However, that doesn't explain why I do not get the error you encountered
> at all... does anyone else have an idea?

Then I see from
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2016-July/044464.html
:

Andreas:
~~~
> BTW, I can confirm
>
> $ file debian/tests/run-example.out
> debian/tests/run-example.out: data
>
> but I do not need to do extra means to build the package (in pbuilder
> embedded into a testing machine).
~~~

Sascha:
~~~
OK, good to know. I think I'll see if I can do something about the
output problem in the example tool to stop this from happening, and then
forward my fix upstream. Later today, after work.
~~~

All I can say about my setup is that I'm using Stable with sbuild from
backports. Maybe my older dpkg is more strict, since this happens in the
clean stage before entering the chroot.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--