[Debian-med-packaging] Moving Bytecode to Debian Med (or Java) Git

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Tue Jun 21 08:53:04 UTC 2016

On 06/20/2016 09:51 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 03:38:46PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
>> I made a quick fix to switch to compat 9 and fix Java version to current
>> jdk in sid.
>>
>> However, i cannot push to pkg-escience / bytecode (permission denied).
> Since pkg-escience is closed.
>
>> It would be best to move package to pkg-java instead of debianmed
>> according to me, as it is pure Java package.
> That would be also my first idea.
>
>> Patching is quite easy:
>>
>> switch d/compat to 9 (no issue)
>>
>> d/control: update dependencies to use default-jdk and default-jre
>> instead of openjdk/sun-jdk/java2-compiler
>>
>> add a patch to build.xml to add in all javac commands :  source="1.6"
>> target="1.6"
>>
>> build is fine with no specific lintian error
> Would you volunteer to move it to pkg-java Git?
hi all,
I have moved bytecode from escience svn to pkg-java git
(ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/bytecode)
I have not pushed package yet , would need testing against package using it.
Code repo is up-to-date with fixes to close to issue, and updates to
switch to debhelper. Package builds fine and "looks" fine.

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438