[Debian-med-packaging] C++ help needed for libfastahack

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:46:51 UTC 2016

Hello Andreas,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.06.2016, 11:24 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi,
>
> As I did yesterday successfully (thanks to the help of Gert) I again
> considered it the easiest way to build the lib by adding configure.ac
> and Makefile.am as quilt patch and use autoconf.  This went fine
> until to a linker problem which I do not understand:

The problem is that with autotools the C file is now compiled with a c
compiler, and hence the function name is available  sa plain C symbol
in the library, but when compiling the executable with the C++ compiler
the includes the headder aas if it were C++ code, and hence expects a
C++ mangled function name.

I've updated the patch to correct this.

Best,
Gert