[Debian-med-packaging] Upgrading picard-tools

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Mar 12 12:06:52 UTC 2016

Le Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:20:01PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> meanwhile upstream released 2.1.1 where two of our patches are applied.
> Unfortunately the import of the upstream source becomes a mess with the
> strange need for merging.  Its pretty unclear to me what's happening.
>
> Anybody with more luck?

Hi Andreas,

using the tool "gitk", I see a commit "Imported Upstream version 2.1.0+dfsg",
in the master and the upstream branches.  However, such commit should only be
in the upstream branch, and the master branch should have a merge commit such
as "Merge tag 'upstream/xyz".  I do not know why this has accidently happened,
but the result is that when you import version 2.1.1, git-buildpackage is now
trying to merge the freshly created tag upstream/2.1.1+dfsg as if
upstream/2.1.0+dfsg had not existed.

My gut feeling is that, from the master branch and before the import of release
2.1.1, runnign "git merge upstream/2.1.0" should solve your problem.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles