[Debian-med-packaging] Problem updating spades backport

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sat Mar 26 06:41:45 UTC 2016

Hi, Sascha,
Since the latest spades package just entered testing yesterday, I went
to rebuild it for jessie to update the backport.

Unfortunately, the build failed when generating the manpages:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/<<BUILDDIR>>/spades-3.7.1+dfsg'
   debian/rules override_dh_installman
make[1]: Entering directory '/<<BUILDDIR>>/spades-3.7.1+dfsg'
mkdir -p /<<BUILDDIR>>/spades-3.7.1+dfsg/debian/man
asciidoctor -a docdate='' -b manpage
/<<BUILDDIR>>/spades-3.7.1+dfsg/debian/man_src/*.adoc
Couldn't find a view in @views for document
  Use --trace for backtrace
debian/rules:48: recipe for target 'override_dh_installman' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_installman] Error 1

It seems to me that the version of asciidoctor in jessie is too old for
this task (0.1.4-3 vs 1.5.4-1 in testing/unstable). I'm tempted to
revert your commit that replaced ronn with asciidoctor in the backports
branch, but since you did it for reproducibility reasons, I thought I
should get your opinion first. The alternative would be to backport the
newer asciidoctor to jessie or to use another tool that would work in
jessie. What do you think?

Thanks and regards
Afif

--