[Debian-med-packaging] Problems linking hdf5, gzstream, boost_program_options due to usage of simple Makefile

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Mar 29 19:18:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to package seer[1] for the Debian Med team.  Upstream provides a
simple Makefile which is probably the cause why the libraries for linking
are not found properly so it ends up in

g++ -g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -O3 -std=c++11 -I/nonexistent/software/include -I../gzstream -I../dlib -D DLIB_NO_GUI_SUPPORT=1 -D DLIB_USE_BLAS=1 -D DLIB_USE_LAPACK=1 -Wl,-z,relro  sample.o significant_kmer.o kmer.o covar.o seerCommon.o seerErr.o seerFilter.o seerIO.o seerChiFilter.o seerMain.o seerCmdLine.o seerContinuousAssoc.o seerBinaryAssoc.o logitFunction.o linearFunction.o -lhdf5 -lgzstream -lz -larmadillo -lboost_program_options -llapack -lblas -Wl,-z,relro -o seer
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhdf5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgzstream
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options

Any hint how to elegantly deal with this situation?

[1] svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/seer/trunk/