[Debian-med-packaging] Problem updating spades backport

Afif Elghraoui afif at ghraoui.name
Wed Mar 30 06:58:40 UTC 2016

على الثلاثاء 29 آذار 2016 ‫23:41، كتب Andreas Tille:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 07:35:46AM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
>>> In this light I would rather try backporting asciidoctor 1.5.4 to jessie (it should only depend on Ruby) because I have switched manpage builds for most of my packages to asciidoctor now, and that would address this problem for good in the backports ;)
>>
>> FTR: I just tried building asciidoctor 1.5.4 in a jessie chroot, and it built with no problems, and all test succeeded.
>
> This sounds like the most sustainable solution.

True, though I was hoping to avoid having to wait for asciidoctor to be
processed in backports-NEW just to update the spades backport, which
isn't new. All this was to get circlator backport, but that's been
delayed anyway because of this architecture issue. I might as well do
that at this point, though.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--