[Debian-med-packaging] License of ART simulation tools to generate synthetic next-generation sequencing reads

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Mar 31 20:23:38 UTC 2016

Hi Weichun,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:01:16PM -0400, w huang wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thanks for your email and sorry for getting back to you so late.  I just
> read your email today as I have not checked this email for a while,

Thanks for answering anyway.

> It sounds to me that you are doing a great project. Thanks for doing that. I
> will add a GPL or BSD like license to the source code when I get a chance.

I do not know what you mean by "get a chance" but I could imagine the
following possibilities:

  1. Upload a new tarball including the licensing information
  2. Mention the license on the download page
  3. At minimum declare here on this mailing list (CC) the license
     at a publicly visible place.

Kind regards and thanks for deciding for a free license

       Andreas.