[Debian-med-packaging] Please check whether I fixed syntax error in proteinortho properly

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed May 4 13:04:17 UTC 2016

Hi Marcus,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 11:29:59AM +0200, Marcus Lechner wrote:
> I followed your suggestions regarding the Makefile (also added
> proteinortho5_tree for install, thanks) in the new update (5.13 ->
> http://www.bioinf.uni-leipzig.de/Software/proteinortho/).
> As there was a quite bad bug in 5.12, I kindly ask whether you could pack
> the new version?

Done. :-)

> Regarding the stripping of all binaries: From my experience, many users that
> download the tar-ball are actually not familiar with compiling and can get
> started with the binaries. That's why they are inside. Would it be a useful
> option to provide two tar-balls, one with and one without binaries for
> either purpose?

Yes.  I would recommend to support a tarball with binaries and one with
sources exclusively.  If users have no idea how to build the binary from
source they probably do not need the source at all - so the two
different tarballs would serve different user groups.

> Thanks a lot and best regards,

You are welcome and thanks for your cooperation