[Debian-med-packaging] Need help with upgrading R package which verifies that the dir it builds in matches its name (r-bioc-tracklayer)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 9 18:55:42 UTC 2016

On 9 May 2016 at 20:37, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi again,
|
| I solved this by simply removing the whole configure script in a quilt patch.

That sounds crazy so I took a look.  BioConductor just had a 3.3 release
(matching the R release cycle) and they seemingly simplified it a lot.
Compare these two:

https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/rtracklayer/blob/release-3.2/configure.ac

https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/rtracklayer/blob/release-3.3/configure.ac

I did not look too closely at the older one but the newer does check for
OpenSSL present or not __and then uses this in src/Makevars.in__ so if it
were me I consider switching to this.  Or rather, I take the 'self-directory'
test out in 3.2.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org