[Debian-med-packaging] [pkg-boost-devel] Processed: re: mrs: FTBFS with GCC 6: was not declared in this scope

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:28:44 UTC 2016

Hello Steve,

Am Dienstag, den 10.05.2016, 18:46 -0500 schrieb Steve M. Robbins:
> So if mrs requires -std=c++11, I think you're out of luck with
> Debian's boost,  until it is built with -std=c++11.  At least, this
> is my understanding.
This is also exactly my understanding. Now I also remember that I have
seen this before with boost and the use of enums. With C++11 enums can
be strongly typed, boost enebles/disables this in the headers
regardless of what was used when compiling boost itself.

The only way to work around this was not to use certain functionality.

best,
Gert