[Debian-med-packaging] Trying to disable error=format-security for clapack

Danny Edel debian at danny-edel.de
Mon May 16 17:23:52 UTC 2016

On 05/16/2016 06:25 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Would you mind commiting to Git what was building for you?

Hi Andreas,

I would love to, but I doubt it's possible.  I tried something along the
lines of "ulimit -s unlimited && dh_auto_test" as an
override_dh_auto_test, but depending on the environment (local vs.
cowbuilder vs. sbuild) this ulimit call would fail with "Operation not
permitted".

In case of cowbuilder or sbuild, it only works if I unlimited from the
shell I started the builder with, so putting any command inside the
debian/ wouldn't do anything.

The important question is if a stack-size-limit is active on the buildds
or maybe they're already unlimited.  I would suggest packing as-is (only
with the const-pointer change) and uploading to a debomatic, since I
think they're very close to the official buildds.

If it actually fails, I'd suggest coordinating with buildd-admins to
figure out the best way to communicate this requirement.  The tests
don't actually need much memory, they just have a very unusual
stack-to-heap ratio.

Cheers,

- Danny