[Debian-med-packaging] FW4SPL package

Flavien Bridault fbridault at ircad.fr
Wed Nov 2 11:26:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

This is an answer to a private email discussion I started with Andreas
Tille <andreas at an3as.eu>. I'm sorry I started this discussion outside of
the debian mailing-list but I was not well aware of the right way to
contact you. Thank you btw Andreas for your kind answer. :)

So just to sum up our previous exchange, I was asking about the removal
of the package fw4spl, which sadly was removed few weeks ago because of
a lack of support from our side. The previous maintainer, Corentin
Desfarges, left the company two months ago. He was a student engineer
and packaging fw4spl was one of its tasks at some point but then he was
assigned to work on other stuff. So he didn't have much time left to
work on packaging.

I am actually a senior developer of FW4SPL, so as author of the
software, it will be much easier for me to fix the bugs and to comply to
the debian packaging policy. There is also a strong motivation from our
team leader to be present in DebianMed so I will have spare time to work
on this regularly.

So if you agree to welcome us again despite our past mistakes and lack
of support, I would be pleased to be the new maintainer of the debian
package. Of course I can also take care of the packaging of the camp
library which is a dependency of FW4SPL.

However I must admit I start from scratch in the Debian world. I already
registered alioth.debian.org this morning. I started to read all the
required documentation and I will come back to you when needed, since
you gently offered your help.

All the critical should be fixed now but they are for sure not yet
documented in the debian changelog. I'll do this as soon as I learn how
I do this. Do you have any deadline for the next Debian release ?

Thanks again,

Kind regards,
--
*Flavien BRIDAULT*
Ingénieur de Recherche

fbridault at ircad.fr

*IRCAD France*
1, place de l'Hôpital - 67091 Strasbourg Cedex - FRANCE

http://www.ircad.fr/ <http://www.ircad.fr/>