[Debian-med-packaging] FW4SPL package

Flavien Bridault fbridault at ircad.fr
Wed Nov 23 11:40:17 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,

Thanks again for your valuable help. I finally succeeded to build the
camp and fw4spl packages. For fw4spl there is a big version bump, since
I updated to 0.11.0.2. A major part of the patches in the previous
packages were already fixed in this branch. So I removed some patches
and updated other ones.

Though, I have few questions left.

1. I noticed in history that Corentin restricted fw4spl to "amd64" for a
while and then he switched to "all". I think he was wrong and wanted to
switch to "any" instead, am I correct ? Then honestly, I can't ensure
that fw4spl can compile and work on other architectures since we never
tested it (we have an android build, so with arm, but it works with a
complete different toolchain build). So I feel a bit embarrassed by
letting this flag to "any" and then pray for the build to succeed. So I
would argue to restrict to amd64. Do you have any advice ?

2. Lintian reports me some errors in fw4spl for each of the libraries we
put in share/ :

E: fw4spl: arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share
usr/share/fw4spl/activities_0-1/libactivities_0-1.so.0.1

I guess that this is because we are not supposed to put binaries in
/usr/share. However this is an annoying case for us because we use the
concept of "Bundles" that can be loaded at runtime, and inside these
bundles, there is a mix of binaries and resource files. We could
consider to split libraries and resources that so that instead of having
this :

/usr/share/fw4spl/activities_0-1
activities.xsd
libactivities_0-1.so
libactivities_0-1.so.0
libactivities_0-1.so.0.1
plugin.xml

we would have:

/usr/lib/fw4spl/activities_0-1
libactivities_0-1.so
libactivities_0-1.so.0
libactivities_0-1.so.0.1

/usr/share/fw4spl/activities_0-1
activities.xsd
plugin.xml

But this demand us to modify deeply our bundle loading code to support
this. This is feasible, but maybe not immediately. Do you think the
current situation is acceptable ?

3. I have the following lintian error:
E: fw4spl source: source-is-missing
Apps/VRRender/doc/source/_static/jquery.js line length is 694 characters
(>512)

This file is present in the source but not used in the final package,
shall I put it in "debian/missing-sources" ?

4. I have not tackled the reopening of the bugs, could you please
confirm that I have to do that through the mailing-list and then mention
the bugs in the debian/changelog to close them ?

5. Depending on your answer on the previous points, can I push my
modifications on camp and fw4spl repos ?

Thanks a lot for your time and your advice. :)

*Flavien BRIDAULT*
Ingénieur de Recherche

fbridault at ircad.fr

*IRCAD France*
1, place de l'Hôpital - 67091 Strasbourg Cedex - FRANCE

http://www.ircad.fr/ <http://www.ircad.fr/>