[Debian-med-packaging] FW4SPL package

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Thu Nov 24 05:55:04 UTC 2016

Dear Flavien and Andreas,

>> However this is an annoying case for us because we use the
>> concept of "Bundles" that can be loaded at runtime, and inside these
>> bundles, there is a mix of binaries and resource files. We could
>> consider to split libraries and resources that so that instead of having
>> this :
>>
>> /usr/share/fw4spl/activities_0-1
>> activities.xsd
>> libactivities_0-1.so
>> libactivities_0-1.so.0
>> libactivities_0-1.so.0.1
>> plugin.xml
>>
>> we would have:
>>
>> /usr/lib/fw4spl/activities_0-1
>> libactivities_0-1.so
>> libactivities_0-1.so.0
>> libactivities_0-1.so.0.1
>>
>> /usr/share/fw4spl/activities_0-1
>> activities.xsd
>> plugin.xml
> Why not simply putting xsd and xml in /usr/lib as well.  Its not
> mandatary that architecture indpendent files need to go to /usr/share -
> but architecture dependant files need to go to /usr/lib per policy (and
> FHS).

I concur with Andreas' idea. This might need a small change in your code
though (depending on how you define the path to the bundle repository in
your code).

>> 3. I have the following lintian error:
>> E: fw4spl source: source-is-missing
>> Apps/VRRender/doc/source/_static/jquery.js line length is 694 characters
>> (>512)
>>
>> This file is present in the source but not used in the final package,
>> shall I put it in "debian/missing-sources" ?
> I'm not sure whether I understand the issue correctly.  It would be
> easier to give advise if you would commit your current status to Git.
> As far as I can see the best idea would be to rather Depend from package
> libjs-jquery and use symlinks to the system provided jquery.  Except
> there are very good reasons to use your own code copy I'd recommend to
> do this.
Just to let you know, we had a similar issue with jquery.js (which, if I
am not mistaken, is automatically added by doxygen when it generates the
api documentation). This was solved by removing the file from the
package. jquery.js allows the user to type a case insensitive word on
the top right side of the html documentation page (useful, but not
required).

Unless you really think this research field is important (in this case,
follow Andreas' suggestion)

See the "override_dh_auto_build-indep" in camitk d/r [1]
(and all the credits for this "trick" go to Mathieu Malaterre!)

Good luck with the packaging, from what I can gather, you are nearly there!

Emmanuel

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/camitk.git/plain/debian/rules