[Debian-med-packaging] FW4SPL package

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Nov 25 15:53:49 UTC 2016

Hi again,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 03:46:51PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > So next I got the 'conflict' error I mentionned
> > previously, I don't really understand but if I do what the error asks,
> > so adding a "Conflicts:libcamp-dev" in control that works. Not sure
> > however if this correct or not.
>
> Feel free to commit your current status.  I'll check this Conflicts
> issue.  Usually you can trust d-shlibs (which is the reason why I'm a
> fan of it since it prevents you from making errors in library packages)
> ... but for sure every software might have bugs.

The conflicts was correct in principle but I turned things around and
the package build now an unversioned -dev package.  This makes perfectly
sense since its quite improbable that a user wants to install two
different versions of libcamp-dev at the same time.  With this change
(please pull) I uploaded to unstable.

Lets continue with fw4spl now.

Thanks for your work on this