[Debian-med-packaging] updating camitk package

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Sat Oct 8 20:53:30 UTC 2016

On 08/10/16 19:04, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 07:34:32AM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
>> I have done step 1 and step 2, but I had problem to follow all the
>> consequence of step 3 (i.e., make libcamitk4 Multi-arch). The main problem
>> occurs with the "dh_install --autodest..." commands, which, from what I
>> understood are not compatible with enabling multi-arch.
>
> this is weird.
> Then, I think I've never used dh_install "manually" like that, indeed I
> usually use d/$pkg.install files, and nothing else, and it does look
> weird to me having all files listed like that in d/rules :)
>
> Though if it works for you that's fine :)
>
>> I decided to drop try to go multi-arch from now, if that is ok.
>
> yep, fine.
> Multi-arch is a kinda of goal that is still fairly long term (but it's
> steadily improving).

I will check how to convert the dh_install to .install files and see how
to get the package Multi-arch compatible for the next version.

>> Sorry, I was not very clear: I did not mean upload directly to stretch. My
>> question was on the line "during the upgrade from jessie to stretch, do you
>> think that with the current modification the RC bug will be fixed".
>
> oh, sorry I misunderstood you!
>
> Yeah, it really should be fine, to my eyes all the
> breaks/repleaces/depends looks correct.
> Then, there are upgrading checkers that constantly run through the
> archive, and if it doesn't you'll receive a bug very soon, as the people
> behing those tools are very active :)
>
>> Thank you again for your patience,
>
> To me it looks cool, the only thing missing is an updated changelog.
> If you update that one I'll happily upload the package :)

Thanks for your message. In the meanwhile I managed to solve my builder
problem and everything seems ok for this version (from my point of view
anyway!). Continuous integration with autopkgtest was improved for this
version and runs smoothly.

I declared in d/control that the new camitk-config package
Breaks+Replaces: libcamitk3, libcamitk4 (<< 4.0.3).
Let me know if this seems correct and might be able to close bug #836990.

I checked with piuparts to see if installation is correct, but I was not
completely sure as how to reproduce the upgrade from jessie with piuparts.

I tried:
piuparts -d jessie -d stretch -d sid camitk_4.0.3-1_amd64.changes
but the error message did not really make sense to me!

For instance I got this message:
   camitk-config breaks libcamitk4 (<< 4.0.3)
   libcamitk4 (version 4.0.0~beta-2+b2) is present and installed.

So it seems that piuparts was not able to take the new (just build
locally) packages into account when it build the dependency tree. When
it tries to install camitk-config, I expected that it would be able to
see that the local new libcamitk4_4.0.3-1_amd64.deb was to be installed
before camitk-config_4.0.3-1_amd64.deb. But it seems that piuparts have
read the list of packages mentioned in the .changes and try to install
them in a strict alphabetical order.

So, as you advised, may be it is best to let the upgrading checkers see
if it works properly once uploaded.

I did update the changelog, but I did not add the debian/4.0.3-1 tag nor
removed the UNRELEASED keyword in d/changelog just in case I missed
something. If it is ok for you and you have time to upload, it would be
great!

Thank you again for all your help and answers, it is very appreciated.

Kind regards,
Emmanuel