[Debian-med-packaging] [kdmfoss at gmail.com: Re: Requests for Sponsorship/upload]

Kevin Murray kdmfoss at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 02:12:58 UTC 2016

Oops, forgot to CC list. Sorry if you get this twice Mattia!

Hi Mattia,

Thanks for the very detailed review! Much appreciated.

On 11:53 19/10, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 07:12:23PM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:
> > - libzstd: updated to latest upstream version. Packages an additional binary
> >   (pzstd, a parallelised CLI tool) within the existing zstd binary package.
>
> * changelog says nothing about most of the changes you did:
>   + change email
>   + build pzstd
>   + new mangpage for pzstd
> * please use d/zstd.install to install that binary, instead of plain cp
>   + also that line in that d/*.install file could just be reduced to a
>   single 'usr/bin' without anything else
> * please
>     `cd contrib/pzstd/ && make pzstd` => `$(MAKE) -C contrib/pzstd pzstd`
> * you have a debian/docs, which behaves weirdly, it's installing those 2
>   file only in the -dev package, whilst I think some people would be
>   interesting having them in all binaries.  Or if having them only in
>   the -dev is something you want, please rename that file to
>   d/libzstd-dev.docs to make it clear to me and avoid ambiguities.
> * in d/rules, you use DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH but that variable is not
>   inizialized; you're lucky most builders use dpkg-buildpackage which
>   exports the variable, but you can't rely on that; therefor you need to
>   put a
>     DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)
>   on top of d/rules.

I've pushed a commit that addresses these issues as far as I can tell.

Regarding python-skbio:

I've not touched python-skbio, but will get back to this soon. It actually
requires SSE2, not SSE3. The underlying issue is due to libssw, which is now
packaged in debian. So I'll swap out the embedded copy, and set the arch flags
as required.

Cheers,
Kevin

---