[Debian-med-packaging] Psortb has errors in Perl testsuite

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Wed Apr 19 18:37:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 03:52:30PM +0100, Carnë Draug wrote:
> Seems like some people from Fedora have faced the same issue and
> already solved it for you.  They sent their patch upstream [4]
> although it seems like the current maintainer does not reply to bugs,
> or at least not the ones reported on RT [5].

I suspect that upstream is not active any more.

> There was one other
> issue that may be important too about being able to build for 32 bit
> with recent versions of perl [6].

I was hoping that this change which I turned into a quilt patch[7] would
solve the issue.  Unfortunately this does not help.  The file libsvm.cpp
is just compiled inside the resulting Makefile and thus the library is
lacking the respective symbols.  Patch [7] does not do the trick
unfortunately.

Any other hints?

[7] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/psortb.git/tree/debian/patches/fix_build_Algorithm-SVM.patch