[Debian-med-packaging] return code from libdivsufsort() was -1

GURRAN Toby s1582371 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 10:12:51 UTC 2017

Dear Sir/Madam at the libdivsufsort() maintenance team,

I am a PhD student at Edinburgh University, UK, researching predisposition to colorectal cancer.

I wish to align some RNA-seq data to a Reference Transcriptome, and I am using the "Salmon" package to do that (https://github.com/COMBINE-lab/salmon). I am using Salmon version "salmon/v0.6.1-pre".

Salmon makes use of a Burrows-Wheeler Transformation to index the reference Transcriptome, and when I run the package on my data I get this following error, which appears to be emanating from the libdivsufsort package.

"

[info] Building 32-bit suffix array (length of generalized text is 0)
Building suffix array . . . FAILURE: return code from libdivsufsort() was -1
"

I found your page for searching bug reports relating to libdivsufsort, https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?dist=unstable;include=subject%3Areturn+code+from+libdivsufsort()+was+-1;package=libdivsufsort, however I was unfortunately unable to find anything relating to this particular issue.

I was wondering if you would please be able to point me to the appropriate help page/documentation that could help me solve this problem?

Many thanks for your time! I would be very grateful for any help you are able to give.

Yours sincerely,

Toby Gurran