[Debian-med-packaging] Exec format error

debian at fau.xxx debian at fau.xxx
Sat Dec 16 12:49:15 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 06:41:19AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to the latest upload of figtree an autopkgtest was added.  Unfortunately
> it fails on the autopkgtest server:
>
> Any idea what might cause this "Exec format error"?

`$(which figtree)` is a symlink to a jar. Directly execing a jar requires
binfmts to be aware of the format, e.g. /var/lib/binfmts/jar to exist and
update-binfmts to have been called. The openjdk-?-jre-headless packaging
is supposed to do this, I believe. It could simply mean that a JVM isn't
installed?

Chris.