[Debian-med-packaging] MUSTANG debian package -- new server link

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Jan 5 07:44:18 UTC 2017

Dear Arun,

thanks for keeping me up to date.

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 02:24:19PM +1100, Arun Konagurthu wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> Happy new year. By the way of introduction, I am the upstream author for
> the MUSTANG sources. I am writing this email to inform you that the mustang
> (multiple structural alignment of proteins) source page has moved to
> http://lcb.infotech.monash.edu.au/mustang/
> Can I please request you to update the mustang package-related information
> to point to this new page.

I've just uploaded the latest MUSTANG version to Debian unstable.

BTW, you might consider using some Git hosting site to develop your
code.  It should be quite safe there from any server issues.

> Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Sincerely
> grateful for the support this package has received.

For your next release you possibly want to fix those minor spelling
issues:

I: mustang: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/mustang Tranformation Transformation
I: mustang: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/mustang extentions extensions
I: mustang: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/mustang.1.gz extentions extensions

I also like to inform you that in a Google Summer of Code project some
basic test was written in line with the Debian Continuous Integration
effort.  You can find the test here:

  https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/mustang/trunk/debian/tests/run-unit-test?view=markup

If you like to provide your own test suite that could be run instead
this would surely be the better solution.