[Debian-med-packaging] Please tag versions of ecopcr

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jan 10 15:47:31 UTC 2017

Hi Eric,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team which is a group inside
Debian with the objective to package free software concerning life
sciences for official Debian.

Since you was the only member of the authors group[1] I was able to find
the e-mail address I'm writing to you - please forward to whomever it
might belong to.

As you might know we have packaged ecopcr 0.5.0 - or what I *assume* you
intend to put version 0.5.0 on.  The versioning actually is not very
transparent since you are not using tags.  Since your local Gitlab
installation would (probably) enble downloading tarballs according to
tags this would be very convenient to detect new versions we could
package to make sure the Debian package will be in sync with your
development.

BTW, for the Debian package we have developed some patches you might
probably be interested to incorporate it intro your development.  Feel
free to use whatever you find in our packaging git[2].

[1] https://git.metabarcoding.org/obitools/ecopcr/project_members
[2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/ecopcr.git/tree/debian/patches