[Debian-med-packaging] bioperl autopkgtest failure: Can't find 'build_params' in _build at /usr/share/perl5/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1291.

gregor herrmann gregoa at debian.org
Sat Jan 14 18:44:48 UTC 2017

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 17:13:34 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> when inspecting the bioperl autopkgtest logs[1] I found two times the
> line:
>
>   Can't find 'build_params' in _build at /usr/share/perl5/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1291.
>
> I admit I have no idea what this might mean and how to fix this.

Not sure (and I have to run now) but both tests fail exactly before
they get to the network tests. Maybe this is test_skip() in
Bio/Root/Test.pm (which _might_ to try to read the result of `perl
Build.PL' to see if network tests are allowed and this fails during
autopkgtest because those build artifacts don't exist in the
temporary test directory).

If this is true I'm not sure what's the best way to fix it. And easy
and inelegant version is to add the 2 tests to
debian/tests/pkg-perl/smoke-skip.

As for the failure of use.t --> attachment

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Joan Baez: Winds Of the old Days