[Debian-med-packaging] pirs_2.0.2+dfsg-5.1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 14 22:12:15 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas!

On 01/14/2017 10:25 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I'd like to note that a NMU without any warning (like an according bug
> report) is at least unusual.  While I will not regard it as bad in
> principle it would be good to make sure that the maintainer receives the
> message and has a fair chance to push the changes to VCS for house
> keeping (which I did since I noticed the upload).
>
> You should be aware that other maintainers might consider this kind of
> NMUs (without bug, no delay, no asking for confirmation) as offensive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are listed on the LowNMU page [1] which states:

> The maintainers and maintainer groups listed below declare that their packages
> (all, or the ones listed specifically below) may be fixed and uploaded without
> delay, at any time, as long as the NMU procedure in the Debian Developer's
> Reference is otherwise followed. You don't need to contact the maintainers
> beforehand, and you don't need to use a delayed upload queue. If the package
> maintainer or maintainer group is active, it is polite to let them have a
> stab at fixing the problem first.

If I see a maintainer on this list with the statement "all packages", I assume
they mean it that way. If you prefer to be contacted beforehands, please put
a comment on that page explicitly stating that.

Besides, it's not really acceptable to have a package in an FTBFS on release
architectures for such a long time, really.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz