[Debian-med-packaging] snakemake 3.10.0 (was bug-backport patch & upload)

Kevin Murray kdmfoss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 07:16:36 UTC 2017

Whoops, forgot to CC list. Sorry for the duplicate Andreas!

Hi Andreas,

On 08:31 18/01, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Uploaded.  I just merged the two latest changelogs since you simply
> added a new one setting the old UNRELEASED to unstable.

Thanks heaps.

Sorry to do this, but upstream just released a new version (3.10.0)
incorporating the change among many others. I've prepared a package for this,
but I'm wary of missing the freeze due to bugs introduced in the other changes.
Would it be best to upload this to experimental, and transition to unstable
once 3.9.1-2 (what you just uploaded) is in testing? Or just wait to upload?

Additionally, I saw someone uploaded a backport for jessie (thanks!). Would it
be worth re-doing the backport with version 3.9.1-2, which contains the bugfix?

> > P.S. Would the most active DDs in debian-med prefer that these requests came
> > via RFS bugs? I know this is done in Debian more widely, however I inferred
> > that this was not preferred in debian-med, or at least not required here.
> > Forgive me if I inferred incorrectly!
>
> I'm personally perfectly fine with saving you the work to do an extra
> detour via BTS.  It worked here in the team without this and for the
> moment I see no good reason for changing the established habit.  Since
> some time I'm just announcing that I'll take over the sponsoring since
> we had some race conditions for sponsoring - which is one of the most
> fortunate developments in the Debian Med team I could think of. ;-)

Good to know, and thanks for taking this pragmatic approach!

---
Kevin Murray