[Debian-med-packaging] Backport of snakemake failed build time tests

Kevin Murray kdmfoss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 05:07:36 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

On 15:58 16/06/17, Andreas Tille wrote:
> any idea what might be wrong here?

Not really, other than that:

> Exception: snakemake not in PATH. For testing, install snakemake with 'pip install -e .'. You should do this in a separate environment (via conda or virtualenv).

suggests that the snakemake binary must appear on $PATH before the test suite is run, which is the other way round from what is done by dh (i.e. test before install). To be honest, I thought we'd fixed this. Were there some patches that went missing while the backport package was being created? If it works in sid/stretch, I can't see why it would magically break in backports.

As a possibly relevant aside, I saw that there's now a new snakemake version (3.13.0), though the changelog[0] doesn't mention anything I consider relevant.

Cheers,

[0]: https://bitbucket.org/snakemake/snakemake/src/58bcac21dfc5bc40cb744c5926f5aee750dc94c3/CHANGELOG.md?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

---
Kevin Murray