[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging fw4spl (Was: camp_0.7.1.5-1 accepted)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Mar 2 11:58:48 UTC 2017

Hi Flavien,

please make sure to always respond to the list (I guess encrypting your
mail to me in private was a mistake, right).

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > E: fw4spl source: source-is-missing Apps/VRRender/doc/source/_static/jquery.js line length is 694 characters (>512)
> > N:
> > N:    The source of the following file is missing. Lintian checked a few
> > N:    possible paths to find the source, and did not find it.
> > N:
> > N:    Please repack your package to include the source or add it to
> > N:    "debian/missing-sources" directory.
> > N:
> > N:    If this is a false-positive, please report a bug against Lintian.
> > N:
> > N:    Severity: serious, Certainty: possible
> > N:
> > N:    Check: cruft, Type: source
> > N:
> >
> > which is critical and should be fixed.  The way to go is usually to add
> >
> >    Files-Excluded: */jquery.js
> >
> > to debian/control and let uscan repack your upstream tarball.  To get
> > the doc working as expected you need to link to the according file in
> > the libjs-jquery package.
>
> Ok think I will simply exclude the file since this doc is not built
> anyway. The doc itself is outdated and should be updated or removed
> upstream. So for now let's exclude it.

So we could also exclude the whole doc directory from the source tarball
to not carry unneeded bytes, right?

> > It would also be nice to get simple things like these fixed:
> >
> > I: fw4spl source: quilt-patch-missing-description fix_install.patch
>
> Should be easy.

Yes. :-)

> > I: fw4spl: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfwGdcmIO.so.0.1 formated formatted
>
> I don't understand right now, but I will investigate.

If it is a false positive this can be ignored - if not just

   s/formated/formatted/

upstream.