[Debian-med-packaging] ImageJ ports on rnice8-0103

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Sep 5 09:29:30 UTC 2017

Hi Mattia,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 11:23:21AM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 11:06:20AM +0200, Alberto Mittone wrote:
> > Port locks on rnice8-0103 reached 52
>
> Do anybody know what these mails are about?
>
> I'm getting pretty annoyed by them...

The former imagej maintainer has written a wrapper script for imagej
which was sending these mails.  I removed this in

imagej (1.48e+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/imagej.sh: Do not bloat our mailing list with mails

 -- Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org>  Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:02:25 +0200

So what we know is that there are people out there who have a working
mail setup on the machine where they are using pretty outdated versions
of imagej.

I'm as bored as you by this and I have no idea at all how this clutter
comes now after it became quite silent over years.

The only possible solution I could imagine is to mark these mails as
SPAM for the list if this is possible on alioth lists.