[Debian-med-packaging] seq-gen svn to git repository

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Sep 6 14:29:34 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 04:22:53PM +0200, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:

> Thanks! worked like a charm. I remember I tried the migration a year
> ago, but it didn't really work for me, the migration script just stuck
> forever. This time all went fine. May be I should have used the helper
> scripts from debian-med from the beginning :)

:-)

Apropos seq-gen:  I droped a note into d/changelog that it can be freed
once paml is free.  The latter is now the case but the code copies are
outdated.  I have no idea what might be the better solution:

   a) ask seq-gen authors to update to latest paml
   b) ask paml author to declare a free license for the old code

Please note that paml author is kind but extremely long response times.