[Debian-med-packaging] fast5 binary packages

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sat Sep 30 21:02:27 UTC 2017

Hi, Steffen,
Many thanks for updating fast5. Is it alright if I reorganize the
executable packages? Rather than python-fast5-bin and python3-fast5-bin,
just have a package "fast5" which contains the python3 executables.

A user who wants the executables should not need to care about how
they're implemented, right? If you really want to provide both
implementations, we should have a virtual package "fast5" and have
python{,3}-fast5-bin both provide it, because just having the two
packages and no virtual package requires the user to know about the
program's implementation and presents them with an unnecessary decision
to make.

I'll make the changes in a git branch and upload later if you have no
strong objection.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--