[Debian-med-packaging] Different symbols files on different architectures

Julien Yann Dutheil julien.dutheil at univ-montp2.fr
Sat Apr 7 07:07:47 BST 2018

Dear Andreas,

I agree with your solution. The original idea of adding symbol files was to
detect interface changes between releases. Appart from very rare
exceptions, interface break on one architecture should also lead to
interface break on others, so that should be enough to have the symbols for
amd64 only.
I have pushed libbpp-qt 2.4.0, but did not add the symbol file yet. If you
show me your solution for one lib, I can propagate it to others.

All the best,

Julien.

--
Julien Y. Dutheil, Ph-D
0 (+49) 6421 178 986

§ Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology
Molecular Systems Evolution
Department of Evolutionary Genetics
Plön -- GERMANY

§ Institute of Evolutionary Sciences - Montpellier
University of Montpellier 2 -- FRANCE