[Debian-med-packaging] Several questions regarding package tifffile

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Apr 9 12:01:20 BST 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 01:09:55PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 09:45:52AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > As per [2] I added dh-python to the Build-Depends but it seems I would
> > need python-minimal in addition to get /usr/bin/pyversions.  For me it
> > is a bit strange to realise that this basic functionality is not provided
> > by dh-python "Depends: python-minimal".  Am I missing something?
> python-minimal is 2.x, you don't need it.
> As the auto-detected python_distutils system assumes python2 you need to
> move to pybuild or manual setup.py calls.
>
> > It also seems that a Build-Depends: python3-distutils and if I add it it
> > tries to do "python setup.py clean -a" which is stupid since there is no
> > setup.py
> Wrong: debian/patches/setuppy.patch adds it.

Ahhhh, thanks for opening my eyes. ;-)

May be the clue is to make this python3-ish ...

On the other hand, this might mean that the original packager Mathieu
Malaterre intentionally had created a module.  Mathieu, can you please
enlighten us about your intention?  The package has a few users
according to popcon but my capacity to keep your leftovers alife is
limited and without some clear statement about your packaging intentions
it is a bit hard to do a sensible Python3 move.