[Debian-med-packaging] mummer packaging VCS out of sync with archive

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sun Feb 4 09:20:19 UTC 2018

Hi, Andreas,

I went to go update the watch file for mummer, as it has moved to GitHub
and there have been several new releases. However, I had to commit my
change to a separate branch (named "watch") since the packaging
repository seems to have diverged from the archive.

The changelog in the archive reads:

```
mummer (3.23+dfsg-2) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Deactivate broken patch from mugsy that was taken over in last Debian
    release
    Closes: #843621
  * debhelper 10
  * d/watch: version=4

 -- Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org>  Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:32:47 +0100
```

while the master branch has:

```
mummer (3.23+dfsg-2) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium

  * improve performance of delta2maf

 -- Fabian Klötzl <fabian at kloetzl.info>  Fri, 05 Aug 2016 14:44:58 +0200
```

and on top of this, there is another commit in master unrecorded in the
changelog.

To get this cleared up, I think it would be enough for you, Andreas, to
force-push your local master branch, merge the "watch" branch, and then
push again. That branch will restore the extra commits in master that
you don't have locally.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--