[Debian-med-packaging] infernal: another autoreconf issue (Was: staden: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR despite pkg-config was added to Build-Depends)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Jul 15 20:17:35 BST 2018

Hi again,

thanks a lot to Yavor for his patch for staden.  I'd like to come up
with another autoreconf issue which hit me in package infernal[1].
I'm running into

   dh_autoreconf
autoheader: warning: missing template: EASEL_COPYRIGHT
autoheader: Use AC_DEFINE([EASEL_COPYRIGHT], [], [Description])
autoheader: warning: missing template: EASEL_DATE
autoheader: warning: missing template: EASEL_LICENSE
autoheader: warning: missing template: EASEL_VERSION
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_FLUSH_ZERO_MODE
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_GZIP
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_MPI
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_SSE2
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_SSE2_CAST
autoheader: warning: missing template: HAVE_VMX
autoheader: warning: missing template: HMMER_COPYRIGHT
autoheader: warning: missing template: HMMER_DATE
autoheader: warning: missing template: HMMER_LICENSE
autoheader: warning: missing template: HMMER_THREADS
autoheader: warning: missing template: HMMER_URL
autoheader: warning: missing template: HMMER_VERSION
autoheader: warning: missing template: INFERNAL_COPYRIGHT
autoheader: warning: missing template: INFERNAL_DATE
autoheader: warning: missing template: INFERNAL_LICENSE
autoheader: warning: missing template: INFERNAL_URL
autoheader: warning: missing template: INFERNAL_VERSION
autoheader: warning: missing template: eslDEBUGLEVEL
autoheader: warning: missing template: eslLIBRARY
autoheader: warning: missing template: p7_DEBUGGING
autoheader: warning: missing template: p7_IMPL_SSE
autoheader: warning: missing template: p7_IMPL_VMX
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoheader failed with exit status: 1
dh_autoreconf: autoreconf -f -i returned exit code 1

and I have no idea how to fix this.  Any ideas?

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/infernal